- Anchor text– Make sure your anchor text is relevant to the content you’re linking it to. Rather than incorporating generic terms, it is essential to make sure that these terms are relevant.
- Plugins– Use plugins to improve your wordpress for SEO. The plugins expand the usability and functionality of your blog.
- Geo Tagging– Geo tagging allows for you to mark your coordinates on your content. You can count on relevance with the help of geo-tagging. Managing multi-locations becomes easier if you know how to include geo-tags.
- Use tools that evaluate your SEO impact– Browseo is a great tool that lets you look at your website from the perspective of SEO. This way, you can improve on the areas that have the highest relevance with SEO and rankings.
- Create trackable KPI’s– Using KPI’s and integrating them with your SEO rankings can be great as they are aligned and show you a clear picture of where you want to be. Know which KPI’s to measure to impact your SEO the most.
- Use various forums– Your visibility is not limited to just social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. A lot of discussion happens beyond these sites. There are a lot of forums, even niche-specific forums where engaging in conversations can be extremely fruitful to your SEO and rankings.
- Use relevant schema– The relevance of the schema you use influence the way the search engines crawl through your web pages. Use Synup’s Schema Scanner to check your schema marked up content and to also get a list of pages that do not have schema installed.
- Use the correct category in all your social profiles– Maintaining consistency on your social profile can undoubtedly stabilize your credibility. Choosing the right category across the web is very important to make sure your customers don’t get misled.
- Track your users– Tracking the way they interact with your website sheds a lot of light on the way they trace your path and understand the hierarchy of your web page. There are various tools that lets your track and monitor your user’s experience.
- Use holidays to your advantage– You can redesign certain elements of your website- capitalizing on the holiday season. For instance, change the landing page or modify your CTA according to the holiday. Here’s a great idea list that helps you boost your SEO using the holiday season.
- NAP consistency– The accuracy of your NAP is crucial to not mislead your customers. The consistency of your NAP across the web, is one of the easiest ways to improve your SEO means.
- Citations– Consider your citations to be mini websites, include reviews, logos, full and unique description, photos etc. This enables your local website rankings get better and citations rank themselves.
- Find and fix all your old citations– Finding old citations can be quite a task. But it is important that you find and get rid of them, for it impacts your SEO and rankings. The accuracy of your information across the web is monumentally important for your credibility. One of the best and the easiest hacks is to use the BBB technique recommended by Phil Rozek.
- Make sure your listing is claimed on every platform that’s out there– Your listing should be claimed and consistent across various platforms like Yelp, G+, Yellowpages etc. Here’s a great step-by-step guide that lets you know how to claim your listings across different platforms.
- Remove all your duplicate listings– Make sure to find out and remove all your duplicate listings. Duplicate listings are going to disturb the credibility of your listings and your visibility. Use tools like Synup to make sure that your duplicate listings are removed.
- Capitalize on niche-specific directories– Getting listed on general directories is going to do you good.But, have you ever thought about how getting listed on niche-specific directories is going to impact your SEO and rankings. It is a great way to get in touch with industry specific trends and experts.
- Use this Citation checklist to see whether you have got your citations everywhere where it matters.
Building Useful Content
- Viral content– Creating great viral content that is easily shareable and likeable is an easy way to get ahead in your rankings.Designing carefully planned viral content can really boost your SEO up.
- Use Youtube– This is a lesser known hack. Repurpose your content, make it into a video and use relevant tags, i.e. your keywords in its description, link to your website.. Include contact details and a CTA feature. This is a great way to engage with your local community and it is also a great way to keep them engaged. Read about how you can use Youtube here.
- Repurposing content– Not everyone consumes the content you put out, the first time. You can always reuse your best content by repurposing it. You can put the content out in various different formats, thereby, expanding your reach. Repurpose your content and submit it to other network- your content has the potential to be discovered in different forms – blog posts, podcasts, presentations, videos, etc.
- Use infographics– Infographics help in your SEO and rankings. Visually relevant infographics are going to keep your users engaged and it also aids in link building. There are a lot of free tools online that can help you in creating infographics.
- Remove outdated content– No one is going to read content that remains largely irrelevant. Make sure to remove irrelevant content. Use this tool to make sure that all the outdated content is gone!
- Diversify your content– Use different content ideas- interviews, guest posts, infographics etc. Make sure to have an assortment of content ideas. Use Trapit to find ideas and inspiration for your content creation process.
- Rename content files to something meaningful– When you put up content files, make sure they are named on a relevant basis. It is easier for Google to display results for an e-book titled how to improve-your-SEO.pdf when compared to e-book.pdf.
- Location based content– There are great ways to localize the content on your website, When you use geographically relevant keywords, that establishes your credibility and helps you in your SEO. Geo-targeting is an effective way to localize..
- Keywords– Keywords are the words that make it possible for people to find your website via search engines. A website that uses the same keywords in its content like its potential visitors who are searching for it, is said to have capitalized on its SEO keywords.
- Guest Posting– Guest posting is a great way to get ahead in your rankings. Guest posting paves way for backlink building, increases your reputation and helps you in community engagement.
- Build a rapport with local press– Host local events, sponsor charitable events and be a part of anything that happens in your community and radius. This gets you coverage, increases your visibility and helps you stay on trending topics- thereby impacting your SEO and rankings.
- Interview Community Experts– Building a local sense of credibility definitely means involving people who are considered as local resources. Use various social media platforms and get in touch with local experts who can shed light on their areas of expertise and then feature them on your blog.
- Backlinks– Backlinks is when a third party website redirects links to your website. When the third party involved is a credible website, the domain authority for your page increases.
- Fix broken and duplicate links- There’s nothing more hazardous to your SEO than broken and duplicate links. Get rid of these unwanted links using tools that get rid of duplicate content and broken links.
- Sitemap- Sitemap contains a list of all your webpages in the website, so that crawlers can readily access it whenever required. It contains the hierarchy of your website. It is pretty handy to create a sitemap, as that reflects on your SEO and rankings.You can also add a video sitemap and link it to your G+ profile.
- Site speed- A slow site is definitely not going to be received well. Luckily, there a number of ways to increase the speed of your site. The speed of your site is an important factor in influencing SEO and rankings.
- Sitelinks- Structuring your site in an user friendly manner gets your sitelinks. You can’t get sitelinks by filling out fields on Google Webmaster Tools.Google’s algorithm automatically awards websites with sitelinks if your website is optimized enough to make it easy for crawlers.
- Landing page- Landing page is for visitors who did not know about your website, but were accidentally brought to it by a click or a redirection. The key is to convert them, for which engaging and interesting content is a must. Designing an effective landing page can do a lot of good for your SEO.
- Landing page report– When you do create your landing page, you have to make the best use of it. You can use this GA tool to know the analytics about your landing page including session,bounce rate, goal completion etc.
- Use breadcrumb navigation- Breadcrumb navigation is a great way to understand the route that your users take to get your content and how long it takes for them to find the content they are looking for. Not just that, Google has replaced a site’s URL with their breadcrumb path.
- Use analytics to track the impact of your content– There are various ways to track and evaluate the impact of your content.You can also align particular indicators to track how well your blog is doing and how much content is actually being read including dwell time, bounce rate etc.
- Take advantage of misspelled domain– Register misspelled domain, redirect it to your page, ping that page via pingomatic.com(wordpress) and watch your ranking “rise”.
- 404 page optimization– The 404 page basically tells the search engine that the page that was being searched for does not exist. However, you can use this page to redirect your users to relevant pages and useful links. There are a variety of ways to optimize your 404 page.
- Use Keywords in Headlines, Subheadins and URL’s– Remember the more the keyword relevancy, the more the credibility. Do not create thin content just to overstuff it with keywords, instead just make sure to use the keywords so that it becomes easy for crawlers to work with your site.
- Mobile readiness and AMP’s-Making your website mobile friendly is definitely big on the agenda. AMP’s are accelerated mobile pages which makes them load faster, they are basically diet HTML. Focusing on how to make your webpages into AMP’s is crucial to your SEO.
Social Media and Review Management
- Third party reviews– Request your customers for review, drop an email, offer gifts in return for reviews, issue coupons and special discounts for your reviewers. Organic reviews are a great way to improve your SEO.
- Keyword optimization– There are various ways to optimize your keywords. It doesn’t necessarily have to deal with your website alone, there’s also social media and ppc keyword optimization that will improve your rankings.
- Use media management tools– Media, especially social media is a great way to build a relationship with your customers. The link between social media and SEO is very obvious, the more the reach you have, the more the visible you’ll be and that will reflect on your SEO. Keep track of your Twitter mentions, Instagram tags, Facebook comments etc using media management tools likeHootsuite or buffer.
- Add a review widget– Make it easy for your customers to review you by adding a review widget.You can immediately use these reviews and embed it on your website, thereby boosting your credibility. Search engines take a note of your testimonials when it comes to your SEO and rankings
- Use Wildcard Searches– Wildcard searches help you capitalize on your keyword potential. It helps you to know what exactly your customers are looking for. Here’s how to use wildcard searches for local keyword research.
- Facebook Ads for local content marketing– Facebook has a huge user base. Targeting ideas based on geographical proximity and relevance is a great feature you can put to use. You can definitely use their ad targeting options to increase your SEO and rankings
- Capitalize on your influencers– Use platforms like contentmarketer.io and buzzstream to reach out to influencers. Find an influencer, stay engaged and get them to endorse your content and see how you can harness their niche influence to promote your content.
- Build Social Rapport– Use Social Media to systematically add organic content and build a great local and a communal rapport. A relevant and a dynamic content strategy building is not optional, especially within the context of social media.
Last but not the last, make everything easy- Make it easy to share your content, embed your content, talk about your content, like your content etc. Here’s a great post that summarizes what community engagement can do for your SEO.